Before beginning the assessment, complete the following:
- Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information in order to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments in this course.
- If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
- Research the training and development functions of your chosen organization.
Based on your research into the training and development functions of the organization you selected, write a paper in which you complete the following:
- Explain how the organization identifies specific training needs.
- Describe the types of training methods used within the organization.
- Analyze the organization’s use of resources (internal and external) to assist with training.
- Identify the kinds of training the organization provides for employees. Include company-wide training, such as orientation and harassment, as well as training that is unique to this organization, such as forklift training and ERP system training.
- Explain how training effectiveness is measured.
- Identify ways that talent is developed within the organization. Is there a mentoring program? Leadership training? Educational opportunities?
- Analyze the importance of training and development to the organization. Is it a valued service?
- Analyze how the organization’s value of training and development affects its ability to attract and retain talent.
Please note: You must address all the required elements of this assessment. If details for any of the bulleted points are unavailable, research the topic and present recommendations you believe would be best for the organization, along with your supporting rationale.
- Your submitted assessment should include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
- Be sure you support your analyses with references to at least two resources.
- You should format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics.
- There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.