Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable RubricAssignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within theInstructor Center.
Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Due Week 4 and worth 240 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becomingintegrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between businessand society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one (1) ofthe following organizations:
- De Beers Diamond Company
- National Football League (NFL)
- British Petroleum (BP)
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, types of products or service of your chosenorganization, and two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environmentthat can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Examine three (3) salient stakeholders of the chosen organization based ontheir key roles and relationships with the company.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence theorganization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concernassociated with your selected organization.
- Assuming you are the leader of the most influential stakeholder group,outline a plan to form a stakeholder coalition to force the organization toaddress your chosen controversial issue. The plan should include the key stepsthat you would take to identify members for your coalition group, the majorreasons why you believe that the particular target group can help you toaccomplish your goal, and the method you would utilize to foster collaborationamong the various groups you target.
- Assume the role as the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, andindicate three (3) potential challenges that you may face in encouragingstakeholders to form a coalition to help you achieve your goals. Suggest thesignificant steps that you would take in order to overcome these challenges thatyou have identified. Justify the response.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipediaand other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required assignment pagelength.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in whichthey are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business andsociety.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles,and relationships.
- Analyze the multiple environments of an organization.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility,citizenship, and global citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions ofbusiness.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business andsociety.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writingmechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.