Questions Applications In Social Justice Counselor Training

Read the articles “Applications in Social Justice Counselor Training:Classroom Without Walls” and “The Multicultural Workplace: InteractiveAcculturation and Intergroup Relations” and review the APA Guidelinesfor Providers of Psychological Services to Ethnic, Linguistic, and Culturally Diverse Populations prior to considering the following scenario.

You are a psychologist in an urban community that has seen a 200% growthin its immigrant population over the past 3 years. Eighty-seven percentof this population speaks a language other than English at home. Youwork for a community mental health center, which is seeing an increasein referral from this population primarily because of the children’sinteractions with the school system. The children typically becomebilingual quickly. The parents are typically less fluent in English thantheir children; however, approximately 30% of the adults in thisimmigrant population are fluent in English and hold advanced degrees andmiddle- to upper- middle class jobs. The remaining 70% primarily holdjobs that do not require higher education although many do have degreesfrom their country of origin.

Based on the reading, evaluate research and practice aspects in thisapplied context and use elements from previous learning in your programto address the following:

  • What types of staffing and training recommendations would you make for the community mental health center?
  • How would you facilitate intergroup work relations among staff at the community mental health center?
  • Would you support the use of the DSM-5 to diagnose clients with limited English proficiency?
  • How would you evaluate whether or not your staff is competent to work with this population?
  • Explain the rationales for your answers by providing evidence from the required readings.

Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount