- Assignment2: Global Warming: Cause and Mitigation
Due Week 9 and worth 160 points
Among the most controversial topics in physical science,global warming has received a great deal of attention during the past decade.Given its great impacts on both humans and the environment, lawmakers andscientists must weigh heavily the information that they are presented. Explorethis debate in more detail by evaluating both the scientific basis of thisphenomenon and the human role in global warming.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Compareand contrast natural versus anthropogenic climate changes. Includespecific examples of each.
- Takea position as to whether or not global warming is taking place. Providethree (3) lines of evidence to support your position.
- Assesstwo (2) current mitigation strategies for global warming, such as carbonsequestration, carbon taxing, clean coal technology, higher fuelefficiency standards, and so on. Include a discussion on theeffectiveness of this mitigation strategy, as well as its potential costsand policy implications.
- Speculatewhat policy changes you would propose to help stabilize global climateand which business sectors or nations would be held to more strictstandards if you implement your proposed policies.
- Useat least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Thebody of the paper must have in-text citations that correspond to thereferences. Integrate all sources into your paper using proper techniquesof quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing, along with proper use ofin-text citations to credit your sources
Your report must follow these formatting requirements:
- Betyped, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Includea cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name,the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required assignment pagelength.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with thisassignment are:
- Applyconcepts in physical sciences to evaluate current trends and issues inthe modern world.
- Describethe physical processes influencing climate and weather, including theroles of natural and anthropogenic activity on climate.
- Usetechnology and information resources to research issues in physicalsciences.
- Writeclearly and concisely about physical sciences using proper writingmechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality,logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using thefollowing rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.