Read the case from Deccan Herald titled “Hackers holding your PC to ransom”,dated November 25, 2013, located at http://www.deccanherald.com/content/297460/hackers-holding-your-pc-ransom.html.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) potential computer ethics issues associated with holdingcomputers hostage.
- Propose two (2) methods that computer users could use to prevent this typeof attack.
- Propose two (2) governmental legislations that could be enacted against thistype of attack.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as qualityresources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required assignment pagelength.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Outline why the Information Assurance and Security perspective needs topervade all aspects of information technology.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise insociety, and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, andwar.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in informationtechnology.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topicsusing proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.