Asked7 days ago
Budget: $50.00 – $60.00EditNeed in: 10 daysEdit
Assignment 1: LASA # 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Utilizing the information you compiled for yourliterature review paper, and the feedback you received from yourinstructor about the literature review, prepare a 10-15 minute PowerPoint presentation on your topic, summarizing the key points andconclusions. Be sure to direct this presentation to an audience in thecommunity. For example, if your paper pertained to a topic indevelopmental psychology, direct your presentation toward parents, or aparenting center. If your topic pertained to substance abuse, directit toward a community service agency which may use this information foreducating teens or parents about preventing drug use, or currentclients about treatments and facilities available. Please state in yourpresentation the specific audience toward whom your presentation isaimed. Include a reference page in APA format, as well as speaker notesand an audio file with your presentation.
Your slides should provide answers to the following questions:
- What was your topic?
- What question did you hope to answer bycompleting this literature review paper? Explain the practicalimplications of the conclusions of the literature review and theaudience to which they are directed.
- Given the results of your literature review,what is/are the prevailing argument(s)? In other words, which ofthose is supported by the existing evidence? Be sure to includefull coverage of the arguments, including strengths and weaknessesof each of them, supported by your findings from reviewing therelevant articles.
- Did the researchers consider multiculturalfactors in their studies? If not, what factors may be involved?What multicultural factors should future studies include?
- What ethical issues are related to your topic and/or discussed in the studies you reviewed?
- How do the conclusions of your literaturereview relate to the various specialization areas in psychology?Tie them to as many as apply from the following areas: biological,cognitive, developmental, social, personality theory,psychopathology, and applied psychology.
- How can the conclusions of your literaturereview inform the population towards whom your presentation isdirected? How can they apply this information to their dailylives? What advice or ‘take home message’ can you provide to youraudience based on the research you reviewed?
- What research question could you ask in order to further develop this area of study?
- Why is your research question important and relevant to the current work being done on your topic?
Your presentation should also follow these guidelines:
- It should be approximately 10-15 minutes in length.
- It should be clear, concise, andprofessional. Writing should be free of spelling and grammaticalerrors; it should conform to current APA style (including anyin-text citations).
- It should include graphs, tables, figures, or images illustrating your ideas.
- There should be a final slide listing references in current APA style.
- The bulk of the text should be placed in theNotes pages of each slide. Keep the amount of text on the slide,itself, to a minimum.
- You should record an audio file of your oralpresentation. You should also type the text of the speech youwould give while showing these slides to an audience should betyped into the Notes area. If you are unable to use the audiofeature, the Notes text will suffice.
- You can refer to the Power Point tips document provided in the Doc Sharing section of the course.
Submit your presentation to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Friday, May 2, 2014.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Describes topic and explains the practical implications of the conclusions of the literature review with clarity and detail.
Describes the audience to which the presentation is directed.
Revises the literature review based on feedback from the instructor.
Presentation of information is clearly focused on the specific audience.
Explains the prevailing argument(s), including their strengths and weaknesses, supported by findings from relevant articles.
Synthesizes key points established in and through the literature review.
Elaborates on multicultural factors relevant to the topic and to the studies reviewed.
Discusses how the findings can be extended to amore diverse population or additional multicultural factors that shouldbe included in future studies.
Discusses relevant ethical issues related to the topic and to the studies reviewed.
Describes how they were or could be addressed in the research.
Relates the conclusions of the literature review to at least two specialization areas in psychology.
Applies the conclusions from the literature review to specific populations or issues.
Provides well-reasoned conclusions, and pointed towards areas for future research.
Provides suggestions for future work that are appropriate and have an applied focus.
Introduction has an opening, provides come background information, and states the topic.
Transitions between slides are present.
Design of presentation (i.e. background,pictures, text etc.) is clear, appropriate for the assignment, balancedand compliments both the writing and speaking throughout thepresentation.
Any written portion(including writing on the slides and in notes) follows conventions ofspelling and grammar throughout. Errors are infrequent and do notinterfere with comprehension.
Using APA format,accurately paraphrased, quoted, and cited in many spots throughout whenappropriate or called for. Errors present are somewhat minor.