Choose one ofthe following major criminal justice areas: law enforcement,prisons/corrections, the courts, Homeland Security, private security, oremergency management and address the following.
1. Identifythe topical area (e.g. local police department, community jail, border patrol)
2. Definea problem or challenge within your topical area that you understand in somedepth or have an interest in (examples include high crime rate, poor morale,high levels of violence or recidivism, high number of civilian complaints ofharassment, inadequate equipment). Outline the context of the problem orchallenge, including the history and any policy decisions that have contributedto the situation.
3. Howhave internal or external stakeholders influenced the situation in a positiveor negative way? How will you consider stakeholders in your solution to theproblem? How will you motivate individuals to buy into your solution?
4. Discusshow technologies or information systems have contributed to the problem and howyou will propose technology be implemented into the solution.
5. Discusswhat data you have collected or researched to indicate there is a problem.Include at least two sources of data and how each is relevant to the problem.
6. Developan effective and efficient solution(s) and a course of action (i.e. plan) thataddresses the problem or challenge.
7. Explainwhat methods of assessment you will employ to measure the effectiveness of yoursolutions.
This paper shouldbe between10 and 15 pages in length, not including title and reference pages, andmust adhere to APA 6thed style standards including the following:Double space, 1” margins, title page, in text citation references, and areference page. There should be a minimum of 7 credible references (notWikipedia, etc…).